Monday, March 25, 2013

new website!

I have finally taken the plunge and worked out how to design and publish my own website. These past few years, my very lovely blogger friend Kellie has looked after my website for me ~ so generous and so appreciated. But, the time had come for me to get a website makeover, so I did. This is the current home page ...

Websites are tricky (I've learnt), but I'm super proud of mine ~ not because it's the most amazing website you've ever seen, but it is what I had in my mind and I found a way to make it a reality on the screen ~ big tick! I have a few more pictures and design elements I'd like to add, but for now it's up and running. I'd love to know what you think {check it out here}. Did you design your website? Leave me a link if you did.

Have a great week everyone!


4 comments:

DaiseyJayne.com said...

Love your new look! I was in the process of redesigning after moving my Wordpress blog to be self-hosted and got in over my head so know I have some professional help and hope to be up and running again soon:)

Sarah said...

congrats it looks great! I have just been trying to create a website it was pretty hard ...running outdoors to take more pictures etc. I opted for another blogger account. But you inspire me to give it another go :) Enjoy your new page - I know a lot of us will :)

Crayon Chick said...

Nic, it's great! I'm exactly at that stage where I need to update and this is perfect! I don't understand any of it, but I think I want it! Self hosted? Wordpress?? I need to know these things, well done for figuring it out!

Unknown said...

Great work Nic, looks fab. I designed my first website myself but recently had a new one developed because I wanted to add a bunch of features that were beyond my capability... but I know what you about being super proud (as you should be) because you made it happen... you got the idea out of your head and made it a real thing :)