Wednesday, December 12, 2012

handmade christmas ornaments ...

A while ago, I blogged about my idea for creating an ornament using fabric origami for the Handmade Ornament Swap. Well ... it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I fell out of love with it by the second iteration, then it sort of fell off the radar amongst everything else going on. Fast forward to earlier this week when I was cleaning out drawers and found a fillable bauble I had bought ages ago and my button tin ... this was the result ...


I love this bauble, and if I had enough tiny buttons, I would make myself one immediately! I might have to hit the oppy for more little buttons this week. I really hope my swap partner likes it too (even though it is a bit late)! Perfect for crafty types, and festive too.


This was the festive little parcel waiting for me at the post office a couple of weeks ago from the person chosen to make me an ornament (no-one knew who was making their ornament). I knew from the wrapping that I would love it!


Catherine from A Time to Create blog embroidered this gorgeous snowflake motif in red and white. On natural linen! This is just so perfectly my style ~ thankyou so much Catherine.

Also, a big thanks to Christina for hosting this swap.


7 comments:

Anna said...

What a terrific idea for a Christmas bauble.

Cat said...

When I saw who I got as my swap partner I just new what to make and what fabrics to use:) I'm so glad that you liked it Nic I really had fun making it for you. I love your button bauble, so clever. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

They're both lovely!

Paravent said...

So beautiful! Gorgeousness all round :) Kx

Christina Lowry said...

You are most welcome! I love your button ornament. It is super sweet. And wow, Catherine's ornament is so beautiful and looks so you too. :)

tea with lucy said...

A button bauble! Brilliant!!

... and would you look at Catherine's perfect delicate little stitches.

rachel ox

ps and thanks for your congrats too.

Tikauo said...

Beautiful article and well explained about all the import aspects of the topic. To know about Buy Ethically made Homeware Online UK visit Tikauo