Friday, June 29, 2012

sewing :: one hour bunting

From cutting out, to flapping in the wind, this string of bunting made from my new dual coloured bunting panels was made in an hour ...


These bunting flags were backed with plain fabric (though you could use whatever you like) before being turning inside out and pressed (I use a chopstick to push out the point for the flag) ...


Then I attached the flags to some pre-made, japanese bias binding that I bought from the sale at Patchwork on Central Park a few weeks ago. Don't forget to leave enough at each end for ties (I use about 2m of bias binding for a string of 10 flags). I used a contrasting bias binding with a print this time for something different, and top stitched it with orange thread to match the bunting ...



That's it ~ easy peasy! To be honest, you could also just cut out the flags from the panel with pinking shears and sew them straight on to some bias binding or ribbon. Simple, pretty and fast ~ my favourite kind of craft project when I lack time and/or motivation! This string is up on our pergola over the back deck ready for the weekend.


Orange & Grey, Nay Blue & Green and Fire Engine Red "make your own bunting panels" available in the Yardage Design online shop now.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. Best wishes to everyone for whom school holidays start this afternoon!


1 comment:

Naturally Carol said...

Loving your dual coloured bunting! A great new look!