I printed all of the designs onto natural linen/cotton fabric so I could compare ...
I really like the Indian block I used, and managed to get the repeat reasonably accurate, but my ability to control the ink distribution well enough (in my view) just wasn't there, and I didn't feel happy for this to be my swap pattern.
The "z" or "NZ" (as a few Kiwi's have pointed out on facebook!) really works for me. It was (enjoyably) very time consuming to print with, but I love the shape and geometry. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
As many of you know, I love to wrap things!! These are my fabric pieces, all wrapped up using the fabric I printed with the initial blocks, some brown paper and jute twine. I hope my swap partners like them!
I'm already looking forward to the next swap. It's a nice to have a good reason to experiment with different techniques and designs.
A quick shop update ~ NEW dual coloured "Make your own bunting" craft panels now in stock here.
More creative spaces here.