Thursday, September 1, 2011

new fabric designs ... at last!

I am so pleased to be able to finally share my new fabric designs with you! There are two new designs, each printed in two different colourways, that collectively I'm calling Verano. Verano is a Spanish word meaning "summertime", which I thought was appropriate as I designed both patterns whilst I was here in Spain in July.


The first design is called Petals. It is a large scale print reflecting the ancient architecture and art nouveau that surrounds us in Spain. Petals is printed in ink blue and sea green on off-white linen/cotton fabric (140cm wide).



The second design is called Leaves. It's a pretty little curly leaf that I drew one day after a walk around the town. I really enjoyed devising the repeat for this design ~ it's a six spot repeat for those interested. Leaves is printed in crimson and powder blue on off-white linen/cotton fabric (140cm wide). It's really hard to capture the powder blue colourway with a photograph - it's very pale and delicate.



Each of these fabrics is available in the shop now by the fat quarter (multiple fat quarters are cut as a continuous piece), and incase you can't decide, there is also a Verano Fabric Pack which contains a 35cm x 35cm piece of each fabric.


I would also like to welcome my friend Pam to the Yardage Design team. Pam will be cutting, packing and posting orders for the Yardage Design online shop while I am here in Spain, so it's business as usual!


I can't wait to hear what you think of these new designs. I'm also looking forward to seeing what people make with them. I'm planning to make a summer quilt over the next couple of weeks.

Pop over to our creative spaces to see what everyone else has been up to this week.

27 comments:

Teek said...

wow just gorgeous. congrats on the new line.

Bigprint Little said...

Hooray! Well done Nic. I saw your newsletter last night - they look great. Enjoy the rest of the year in Spain you lucky thing ... we will absolutely have to catch up in the new year.
x

Jill said...

Beautiful designs! I especially love the little leaves! Gorgeous!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rie said...

Love them! Adore the petals design, my imagination is running with those!

Tammy said...

OMG! Nic I am in love. Both of these designs are stunning and I need to learn how to make myself some clothes to warrant a purchase! Great work. x

nicole said...

ooh i love them! especially the petals design in the green :D

Christina Lowry said...

Congratulations on these lovely Spanish inspired designs. They are wonderful indeed!

Have I mentioned my jealousy over your trips to Spain? :)

Sally said...

Gorgeous! Stunning! BRAVO Nic.

Tania said...

Gorgeous! I'm putting the seagreen and blue designs on my wishlist :)

Wombat's Picnic said...

Beautiful designs, and love the powder blue leaves - would look great in my bedroom. Hmm, new project idea coming:) Cyndy

Kylie said...

They are wonderful Nic! I had no idea you were in Spain - how gorgeous is that?! I love Spain so much. We spent xmas there a couple of years ago, in Barcelona (my favourite Spanish city)... *sigh* feeling very envious :) Kx

lamina@do a bit said...

Wow .. such gorgeous designs.. love the colours too :)

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh my goodness Nic. I love them!! Love how different they are from both each other and your other designs yet complement them and still have your look. Bravo my dear, you've outdone yourself xo

june at noon said...

They're gorgeous, Nic. Congrats! (And so beautifully displayed on those spools.)

Naturally Carol said...

Great work, lovely designs..I really like the archetectural one, the boldness really works for me!

Unknown said...

They're awesome Nic - nice work! Great to see the Spanish influence in your work as well - nothing like travel to inspire one's creativity!

belinda marshall said...

they are beautiful!
bit jealous of your trip to spain too :)

small forest said...

They are very Spain inspired, Nic.
The first one looks reminiscent of the Gaudi pavement everywhere in Barcelona I think.
I have to have some of the red one. Have to!
Its calling to me.
Ive always been drawn to your designs but I think youve nailed it with these.

x

Michelle said...

They are beautiful. Enjoy your time in Spain, I loved it when we visited

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous designs! I love the pic of them all hanging together.

planettreasures said...

Lovely! I lovethe big bold design, the colours just "pop"!

Rachel said...

LOVE the petal design!

midge said...

love them all, a lot

Anonymous said...

Wow Nic, they're fabulous!! Such beautiful designs, love the Spanish influence too. x Alisa

Beck said...

Hi Nic, well done, your new designs are gorgeous! My fave is the leaves in red. But they are all fabulous, bet they'll be flying out the door. Look out Pam! x

flowerpress said...

Lovely fresh designs for spring! (Or is it autumn now for you?)

Jesse said...

Oh, these are beautiful! I love Petals in the dark blue.