Thursday, September 29, 2011

i love lamp + a surprise!

Do you like my lamp? I covered the shade myself yesterday with my new Verano Petals fabric in ink blue, which was immensely satisfying! I think the scale of this pattern works well on a lampshade, and was one of the projects I had in mind when I was designing it.


I used a kit from here, which was quite easy except for the bit where you have to attach the rings ~ I could have used an extra set of hands, but I managed to do it (slowly) by myself. I'm pretty happy with the result ~ it looks like a bought one!


I still have to make a matching one for the other bedside table in our bedroom ... slowly making things a bit more homey here with some splashes of colour (thanks Ikea) and some of my fabric.


And now for the surprise ... you can use the following discount code in the Yardage Design online shop all day today and receive 15% off your order ... enjoy!

YARDAGE

Many more creative spaces here.

Have a great day!


12 comments:

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

Love your lamp! (and the fabric - I've been plotting ways to use it, so it sounds like I'd better make up my mind today!)

CurlyPops said...

Yah it looks so professional Nic!
After seeing your lampbase, I've realised that the one I'm intending to use may be a bit shabby!

Christina Lowry said...

Very lovely indeed! And you have done a great job!

Also loving the colour of that wall behind it. Goes very nicely. :)

simona said...

wow, i love it! the lamp looks gorgeous with that red furniture!
i found you in the 'creative spaces' and will have to see what other beautiful things you create :)

TheAccidentalCrafter said...

It looks really good, I think it must be the fabric you've used. Your fabrics are fab. Off to have a look.

Gaby said...

love the fabric, and the lamp looks fab!

Angela Osborn said...

I love the design of the fabric and the colour scheme is just lovely, especially against the grey walls!

Helen said...

Hi Nic, your lampshade looks fab, well done. It is a bit tricky the first time but fine once you get the hang of it.(I teach classes for this kit in the UK and they look very worried when they first see my demo!) Your fabrics are lovely, and perfect for this shade! Thanks for the link.
Best wishes
Helen

Mel @ Wildflower said...

I like the lamp a lot! Fabric is gorgeous :)

Kylie said...

Love the lamp. Nothing like a slash of colour to a house into a home:)

lisa stubbs said...

Ah nic it looks great! and looks ace on the red wood table, perfect! and thank you for your lovely comments and support on my blog recently, I really appreciate them xxx

mybeardedpigeon@gmail.com said...

this is great. I have been looking for a kit like this for a while! thanks Nic.