Saturday, October 10, 2009

Julie & Julia + blogging ...

Just got back from seeing Julie & Julia at the movies. It was great - great story, great acting, funny and even mr yardage liked it!

As you would probably know, Julie is a blogger who blogs about cooking all of the recipes in Julia Child's book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I found the bits of the movie about blogging really interesting and thought provoking ... are we all a part of a phenomenon that we will look back on in future years? Will we look back with pride? I think yes, and yes. It will eventually evolve, as all things do, but in essence people have been communicating and sharing with like-minded souls for ages using whatever technology or means are available at the time. We are lucky enough to have the internet and blogging!

As soon as I got home, I rushed to find Julie Powell's blog - the original one is here - the last entry is the day that Julia Child passed away (2004). Julie started another blog here. It's a good read, but you know what struck me straight away - the simplicity of the blog - just words - nothing else.

Anyway - that's my rambling for tonight! Go and see the movie if you can - it's really good.

P.S. The movie website also has some great foodie blogs on it - check them out here.

Happy blogging!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the link to the blogs. A lesson in passion for life. Can't wait to see the movie.

Sally said...

Thanks for all the links... I'm going to make a special effort to go and check them & the movie out.

a little something... said...

Oh I have been hanging out to see that movie when it opened but didn't manage it this weekend. I think it will be great. Love your blog.

Pippi creates said...

Just got back from seeing this at the movies with my foodie sister. We both loved it! And it did spark some passionate conversation about both blogging (I do, she doesn't) and how cooking is so important to us. What a great movie! I look forward to checking out the links sometime.